TITLE: Friendship Keepsake Box SENTIMENT:Forever true, forever friends DESCRIPTION: Keepsake Boxes are small, sweet places to keep treasures. Hand-painted bas-relief lids are not attached. Inside, the bottom of each box reveals a message of love and friendship as a hidden discovery. Willow Tree is a reminder of someone we want to keep close, or a memory we want to touch. Hand-carved figures reveal their expression through body gestures only… a tilt of the head, placement of the hands, a turn of the body. Since 1999, American artist Susan Lordi has worked in partnership with DEMDACO to produce, market and distribute Willow Tree, her line of carved figurative sculpture. From her studio in Kansas City, Lordi hand carves the original of each figure. This piece is cast from Lordi’s original and painted by hand. Enclosed inside each fitted packaging box is a gift-giving card with piece title and sentiment on it. Each piece is intended to be open to interpretation from the viewer. “Willow Tree isn’t so much about the tangible piece. It represents an emotion or it marks a memory.” -Susan Lordi Ready to display on a shelf, table or mantel. To clean, dust with soft brush or cloth. Avoid water or cleaning solvents.
- Sentiment written inside box: “Forever true, forever friends”. Includes Enclosure Card
- 3″square x 2″h hand-painted resin box with bas-relief carving on lid. Lid is not attached. Ready to display on a shelf, table or mantel. To clean, dust with soft brush or cloth.
- Keepsake Boxes are small, sweet places to keep treasures. Inside, the bottom of box reveals a message of love and friendship as a hidden discovery. Packaged in fitted box ready for gift-giving.
- Artist Susan Lordi hand carves the original of each Willow Tree piece from her studio in Kansas City, MO. This piece is cast from Susan’s original carving and painted by hand.
- The figure on this piece communicates through gesture, to represent an emotion or mark a memory. Willow Tree sculptures express love, closeness, healing, courage, hope… emotions of a life well lived